KMNR is a free-format college radio station broadcasting at 89.7 MHz in Rolla, MO. KMNR's license is held by the University of Missouri's board of curators. KMNR is run by its executive board who are responsible for maintaining the station and ensuring compliance with FCC rules. KMNR Executive board are elected at the end of the Spring Semester and serve for a year. KMNR's faculty advisor is Dr. Jeff Schramm. KMNR's Public File is accessible at the station.
KMNR is connected to social media, and down with the youths. For any inquiries, including website related inquires, please feel free to contact the station.
AIM: KMNR ONAIR DJ
Facebook: KMNR on Facebook
Phone (Request Line) 573-341-4272
Phone (Office) 573-341-4273
Phone (Text) 504-656-6735
Please direct all postcards, love letters and fan-mail to:KMNR
218 Havener Center
1346 N. Bishop Ave.
Rolla, MO 65409-1440
KMNR's E-Board are the heart and soul behind the station. They are tasked with enforcing KMNR's constitution and complying with FCC regulations. The E-board is selected annually from the active DJs by a general election and serve a one year term. Any specific inquires about the station or their position can be directed appropriately.
|Station Manager||Danny Massafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Program Director||Matt Clemetsenemail@example.com|
|Chief Engineer||Doug McGeehanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Music Director||Wesley Renoemail@example.com|
|Personnel Manager||Blake Rogersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Public Relations||Shawn Pietrofereemail@example.com|
|Business Manager||Suzy Youngfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Roadshow Director||Ryan Petersonemail@example.com|
|News Director||Jonathan Jarvisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
KMNR is always looks for new DJs to volunteer at the station at the beginning of every semester. If you meet the following criteria, then you're eligible to become a DJ:
- Must be a Missouri S&T student
- Must not currently be on academic probation
- Should have at least two semesters left on campus
We also prefer that you've completed at least one semester here at Missouri S&T to be sure that you're accustomed to college life, but freshmen and transfer students are always considered and accepted! All applicants are interviewed and a group of trainees are selected out of those people. These trainees then are trained on the various aspects of KMNR. Once a trainee completes all the requirements, they then become a fully-licensed DJ.
If you're interested, applications can be picked up at the station in the first floor of Altman Hall during the first few weeks of every semester. Be sure to not miss out!
In addition to bringing in new DJs, KMNR also hires librarians to take care of our extensive music library. If you are eligible for work study and wish to become a librarian, email us at email@example.com
If you have any questions about the becoming a DJ, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (573) 341-4272.
Looking For An Organization?
KMNR is an extraordinary group music lovers, engineers, artists and friends
Need some life added to your party? Need some sweet tunes for your next event? Then look no further than the KMNR Roadshow!
The KMNR Roadshow gives you the chance to have a part of the KMNR library at your next event. A part of KMNR, the KMNR Roadshow is run by Missouri S&T students. We can provide the music, equipment, and labor to keep your event rockin'. We have one of the largest non-commercial musical libraries in the country to give you the strange, rare, or even run of the mill musical playlist that you desire.
If you're interested, you can contact the roadshow director my sending an email to roadshow (at) kmnr (dot) org.
Watch the KMNR Blog for announcements of road shows around campus!
KMNR adheres to the privacy policies required by Facebook as found on their Application Policy Page. KMNR will specifically adhere to these policies.
I. Features and Functionality
- KMNR will not violate any law or the rights of any individual or entity, and will not expose Facebook or Facebook users to harm or legal liability as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- KMNR will not include functionality that proxies, requests or collects Facebook usernames or passwords.
- KMNR will not circumvent (or claim to circumvent) our intended limitations on core Facebook features and functionality.
- KMNR will offer an explicit "Log Out" option that also logs the user out of Facebook.
- Special provisions for apps on Pages:
- a. KMNR will not host media that plays automatically without a user's interaction.
b. KMNR will only use information you have specifically provided or authorized in all applications.
- KMNR will only request the data you need to operate its application. Specifically it will request the following permissions under the following scenarios:
- Read Stream: A user who is enabled as a Disc Jockey attempts to use their user page for connecting relevant information.
- Manage Pages: A user who is enabled as a Disc Jockey and has created a Facebook Page for their show or profile and is attempting to publish a playlist to that page.
- Offline Access: A user has authorized auto-publishing of playlists to their stream will receive a request for offline access.
- KMNR may cache data you received through use of the Facebook API in order to improve user experience. KMNR will comply with any request to remove cached data.
- KMNR will only use a user's friends' data in the context of the user's experience on your application.
- KMNR will not share a user's personal information in anyway unless the user has specifically authorized that release.
- KMNR will not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us, including user data or Facebook User IDs, to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising or monetization related toolset.
- KMNR will not use Facebook User IDs for any purpose outside your application (e.g., your infrastructure, code, or services necessary to build and run your application). Facebook User IDs may be used with external services used to build and run KMNR, such as a web infrastructure service or a distributed computing platform, but only if those services are necessary to running KMNR and the service has a contractual obligation with you to keep Facebook User IDs confidential.
- KMNR will not sell any data. Ever.
- If KMNR stops using Platform or Facebook disables KMNR, KMNR will delete all data you have received through use of the Facebook API unless: (a) it is basic account information; or (b) KMNR have received explicit consent from the user to retain their data.
- KMNR will not use a user’s friend list outside of your application, even if a user consents to such use, but KMNR may use connections between users who have both connected to your application.
- KMNR will delete all data concerning a user if the user asks KMNR to do so, and will provide an easily accessible mechanism for users to make such a request.
- KMNR will not include data you receive from us concerning a user in any advertising creative, even if a user consents to such use.
Terms and Conditions For Use
KMNR is dedicated to maintaining a worthwhile experience for all users. By using the website you agree to the following terms.
- The user will not post either directly or indirectly, links to indecent, illicit, or obscene content. This also includes content which promotes alcohol or tobacco use.
- The user will not share or provide access to illegal materials of any form.
- The user will respect the user experience of other patrons of the KMNR website.
- The user will not promote any sort of event, activity or product outside of Town and Campus news
KMNR reserves the right to limit or restrict access for any user in violation of these terms. KMNR reserves the right to append or modify these terms at any time.